Aug 4th - Steph's baby shower! It was lots of fun and the candy was amazing!
August 6th we got to meet Brant and his girlfriend at famous Mo's restaurant in Oregon! John had a business trip to Oregon and so Jordan and I tagged along! It was fun - not long enough, but fun.
It was freezing cold. The wind was blowing and the water was bitter cold. It was still amazing.
I found this while on a walk to find Powell's bookstore. Why can't Utah have an entire city block devoted to a bookstore? They color coded the sections and there were floors upon floors of books! I was in heaven. Jordan wasn't so much. Next time I ditch all the kids and go by myself for an entire day!
Jordan and I went for a walk around Tualatin Hills Park. It was so green and gorgeous that I didn't want to leave. Jordan on the other hand decided that being pushed in a stroller was boring and he demanded to be carried while I pushed the stroller through turns and up and down hills. We left earlier than I would've liked needless to say.
People kept telling us that Multnomah Falls was amazing and we had to go. So off we went. Apparently Twilight filmed there although I wouldn't know where because there was nothing posted about it and I didn't see the movies. (They should've chosen cuter actors/actresses for the parts. I didn't think they resembled what the book had painted.) It was amazing and worth the drive.
John decided to be brave and hike all the way to the top of the falls. I hiked to the bridge that crosses the falls but couldn't bring myself to walk onto the bridge. Yes, I'm still terrified of heights. Just looking at the pictures he took made me sick to my stomach. I'm glad he enjoyed it and that he was willing to hike to the top by himself!
On the way back the clouds were a neon pink. I couldn't get a picture that did them justice no matter how hard I tried. So, this one will have to suffice.
This was the view across from our hotel room. We got to stay in the Marriott downtown. It was very nice even if it was missing a pool.
I got to walk around Nike campus a little. There were supposed to be tours of some sort but I never did figure out where. It was a huge campus and well taken care of, too bad I couldn't get inside to see more!


0 comments:
Post a Comment