



On Sunday we blessed Madison and what a fun and exciting build-up to blessing day we had!! On Thursday we took Drew to the Dr. because his lips were turning blue again. No need to worry, he has acrocyanosis which means that his extremities can turn blue because his blue blood pools there. So big name for something we don't have to worry about, wahoo. Funny thing is....it seems like when I take him to the Dr, I'm always a couple of days early. Drew got this cold from John who has had it for about a week now. Monday morning he woke up with a nasty cold, that would explain the blueness!! Friday we took these pictures of the kids all dressed up in their blessing day outfits so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting it done on Sunday, what a great idea! We loved how these turned out and John revealed that he could add color to black and white pictures. Had I known this sooner, he would've been put to work much earlier on other pictures! Saturday was busy, busy getting ready for blessing day and getting all the food prepped. Alexis was next door playing and she came home crying that her arm hurt. After a few minutes it was apparent that she wasn't joking. She couldn't open her hand and she wouldn't move her arm that was swelling up. So, off to the hospital with Madison and Grandma Hakes in tow. We took a few x-rays of her wrist and shoulder and it was a nightmare to get it done because it hurt. When they said that they needed some x-rays of her elbow and we'd have to go back, I asked for her to be drugged. Thankfully they did, unfortunately, it hadn't fully kicked in when she went back. Grandma took her in for the elbow x-rays and was the one who was in charge of manipulating her arm into the positions it needed to be in. Apparently, her elbow had become dislocated, not a full dislocation, and when they manipulated it for the x-ray it popped back in!! Yeah, all sorts of nasties avoided with that. Sunday morning I woke up with a big infection, yes, it is possible to have everything happen in one weekend. Thankfully we have great family members, and they all pitched in to get the dinner cooked in time for the party!! So, even with all the problems we had this weekend, it could've been much worse, and the party went really well!
I Do Now
4 days ago
2 comments:
I love those pictures!! What program does that?! I want to know too!
Tiff,
You guys are so pretty! Love ya all! Have a great day.
Jen
http://www.jlbcoleman.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment