So in my haste to get to the hospital I forgot to bring a camera, only after the fact did I realize that my phone has a camera, oops!!
Drew woke up screaming bloody murder that his stomach hurt.
Every time I tried to touch his stomach to figure out what was wrong he would scream even louder.
After he woke up Madison with his screaming, I had two kids who wouldn't stop for anything.
I called my sweet mother-in-law and asked for help, she came running.
When she arrived I was able to call Dr. Eric and ask what he would do, which was take him to the hospital.
This all happened during the 9 o'clock hour.
At just before the 10 o'clock hour Drew and I arrived at the Emergency Room.
My kids have this uncanny knack for calming down and stopping all screaming when we arrive at the doctors.
After FOUR hours of waiting they finally got to seeing us.
They took some blood for testing and then sent us for an ultrasound.
He was asleep when they started drawing his blood, and his little face scrunched up into a little puppy dog face. The longer they took to draw his blood, the more scrunched his face became until he had little tears start to fall down his cheeks. About that time, he started crying.
Good news . . . his White Blood Count (WBC) was well within normal ranges and his ultrasound didn't show anything abnormal at all.
So, they sent us home.
We arrived home at approximately 5 o'clock in the a.m.
Poor Mom, she was stuck at my house for so much longer than she had planned.
When I called Dr. Eric to tell him what they had not found, he said that you can get Messanteric lymphadenitis, which presents similarly to appendicitis, and that may possibly be what he had.
Poor kid just can't seem to catch anything normal.
He seems to be feeling better, hooray!
Drew woke up screaming bloody murder that his stomach hurt.
Every time I tried to touch his stomach to figure out what was wrong he would scream even louder.
After he woke up Madison with his screaming, I had two kids who wouldn't stop for anything.
I called my sweet mother-in-law and asked for help, she came running.
When she arrived I was able to call Dr. Eric and ask what he would do, which was take him to the hospital.
This all happened during the 9 o'clock hour.
At just before the 10 o'clock hour Drew and I arrived at the Emergency Room.
My kids have this uncanny knack for calming down and stopping all screaming when we arrive at the doctors.
After FOUR hours of waiting they finally got to seeing us.
They took some blood for testing and then sent us for an ultrasound.
He was asleep when they started drawing his blood, and his little face scrunched up into a little puppy dog face. The longer they took to draw his blood, the more scrunched his face became until he had little tears start to fall down his cheeks. About that time, he started crying.
Good news . . . his White Blood Count (WBC) was well within normal ranges and his ultrasound didn't show anything abnormal at all.
So, they sent us home.
We arrived home at approximately 5 o'clock in the a.m.
Poor Mom, she was stuck at my house for so much longer than she had planned.
When I called Dr. Eric to tell him what they had not found, he said that you can get Messanteric lymphadenitis, which presents similarly to appendicitis, and that may possibly be what he had.
Poor kid just can't seem to catch anything normal.
He seems to be feeling better, hooray!
0 comments:
Post a Comment