CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, August 2, 2009

24th of July

It's already August, ugh. I can't believe how fast the time has flown this summer. We just had Great Grandpa Rappleye's 86th birthday celebration this week. John and Nancy came up and we all had a great time. There was a LOT of birthday cake and cupcakes followed by roasted marshmallows. We were seriously concerned about the kids being able to fall asleep that night.

Alexis was being brave during a recent trip to the Peaks and she decided that she would practice blowing bubbles under water. She was doing so well, she took off her life jacket and did it. This was in the baby pool which has about a foot and a half of water. Well, she decided that she knew how to swim. Ha. I tried to tell her that she didn't but she just wouldn't listen. She wanted to go to the Lazy River without her life jacket and I consented. When we got there she was standing on the step waiting to get in and I was putting Drew and Madison in their floaty tubes. When I realized Alexis was no longer on the stairs, I turned and saw her underwater, eyes bulging out of her head and a tube was going over her. Poor girl, when I finally was able to pull her up and sputtered for a moment and then said: "I don't know how to swim." I thought it was classic, since she didn't die or get hurt.

For the 24th of July we went to the Spanish Fork parade, then swimming at the Peaks for the day and then off to Grandma and Grandpa Wadley's to celebrate with Great Grandma and Grandpa Rappleye.



I know it's blurry, but look at her face with that tongue. I couldn't not put it in.


Here's what we get when we ask them to say cheese for the camera:

Even John doesn't know how to smile for the camera!



This is what happens to clean laundry when you have two midterms and seven quizzes in one week! I didn't fail any of them, hooray!!



This is what we found when we went downstairs to clean the toy room.
The kids love to put the barbies in a "swimming pool" and have fun.
It obviously doesn't matter what the swimming pool is as long as there is water in it!

0 comments: