I took Drew back to the Dr. yesterday to see if they could figure out why he is still in pain. And finally, they gave me some good things to try and help him. Dr. Knochel thinks that he has acid reflux, hence the reason he keeps crying that it hurts, especially at night. And, his tummy that is always swelling up and going down is all full of gas, so we're going to try taking lactose away and see if that is the problem. So, overall they should be easy fixes!!
Drew's newest thing is to repeat whatever Alexis says. If Alexis asks to go play with Mary, Drew will wait until I've answered her and then ask the same exact question and expect the same exact answer. It gets just slightly annoying when you have to answer the same question twice, every time. It is funny to watch his little face though, because he really expects you to answer him and not act like it's an odd request.
Alexis is such a little talker. John followed me home from Logan in his car and he took Alexis with him, at my suggestion of course. My car was relatively quiet and peaceful, John's car was full of Alexis talking his ear off. She kept saying: "Guess what dad?" And her favorite joke while they were driving was: Banana pants. No, it doesn't make any sense but she was laughing so hard it had to be funny.
Before we left Logan, Alexis told me that she didn't want to go home with me, she wanted to stay with daddy in Logan. I told her daddy had to work so she had to come with me so someone could watch her during the day. She replied with: "I'll go to work with daddy then." I erroneously believed that when I told her that they didn't let little kids go to daddy's work that she would drop the subject. Instead, she came back with: "Then go find a neighbor to watch me while he's at work and when he's done he can watch me." She thinks far too much for her own good.
Madison absolutely loves grandma's. At the 24th of July parade, we found a spot to sit, and she walked over to this grandma and crawled up on her lap. We had no idea who the lady was, but she was nice enough to let her sit there the entire time and feed her candy! And then at Wendy's the other day there were two grandma's sitting behind us and Madison kept turning around and saying hi ya and playing peek-a-boo with them, they loved it!
This week is finals week . . . hooray! I have three finals and eight quizzes. I do believe that it might just kill me. Our goal is to finish the last final on Saturday and then pack up the house and move everything we need up this weekend. HA HA HA. I dream big I know.
Don't worry, John is surviving all of this. He's actually doing really well. He's gone hiking a few times, biking, playing golf and sleeping through the night. I think he's a little pampered at the moment, but it will all end as soon as we move up there!
Drew's newest thing is to repeat whatever Alexis says. If Alexis asks to go play with Mary, Drew will wait until I've answered her and then ask the same exact question and expect the same exact answer. It gets just slightly annoying when you have to answer the same question twice, every time. It is funny to watch his little face though, because he really expects you to answer him and not act like it's an odd request.
Alexis is such a little talker. John followed me home from Logan in his car and he took Alexis with him, at my suggestion of course. My car was relatively quiet and peaceful, John's car was full of Alexis talking his ear off. She kept saying: "Guess what dad?" And her favorite joke while they were driving was: Banana pants. No, it doesn't make any sense but she was laughing so hard it had to be funny.
Before we left Logan, Alexis told me that she didn't want to go home with me, she wanted to stay with daddy in Logan. I told her daddy had to work so she had to come with me so someone could watch her during the day. She replied with: "I'll go to work with daddy then." I erroneously believed that when I told her that they didn't let little kids go to daddy's work that she would drop the subject. Instead, she came back with: "Then go find a neighbor to watch me while he's at work and when he's done he can watch me." She thinks far too much for her own good.
Madison absolutely loves grandma's. At the 24th of July parade, we found a spot to sit, and she walked over to this grandma and crawled up on her lap. We had no idea who the lady was, but she was nice enough to let her sit there the entire time and feed her candy! And then at Wendy's the other day there were two grandma's sitting behind us and Madison kept turning around and saying hi ya and playing peek-a-boo with them, they loved it!
This week is finals week . . . hooray! I have three finals and eight quizzes. I do believe that it might just kill me. Our goal is to finish the last final on Saturday and then pack up the house and move everything we need up this weekend. HA HA HA. I dream big I know.
Don't worry, John is surviving all of this. He's actually doing really well. He's gone hiking a few times, biking, playing golf and sleeping through the night. I think he's a little pampered at the moment, but it will all end as soon as we move up there!
2 comments:
I love the issue with Drew wanting the same answers! LOL. Great family. Hope he gets feeling better.
Jen
Wow that is a full plate you have there! Good luck! Wish we could help. I know how moving can be.. is.. whatever. Wish you all the best!
Post a Comment