On the 15th of September Madison got to ride in an ambulance for the very first time - lets hope it's the last!
Madison is good at riding her bike with only two wheels! She decided to try and ride a tiny baby bike with no training wheels. Daddy told her no, mommy didn't know that daddy said no and mommy helped her get on and start going. Madison requested that I not let go of the bike but she knows how to ride so I let her go. She went the full length of our house before she crashed. No helmet. Although the helmet wouldn't have saved her this time. When she landed she hit her chin on the sidewalk. She let out a huge scream, not a normal scream. Both my neighbor Eric and I immediately started going for her because we'd seen how bad she'd hit and because of the scream. She stood up and I gave her a big hug and then she quit screaming. She went as rigid as a board, her arms tightened up and her mouth puckered up. She also quit breathing. (This is what a seizure will do to you!) I immediately put her on the ground and tried to get her to respond. When I realized that she was turning blue/gray I yelled at Eric to call 911. It took her nearly a minute to start breathing again. She was then out of it for about another minute or two, but she was breathing. She had her eyes open but she was just staring straight through me. About a minute later the ambulance showed up. They were fairly quick because they were on their way to a child who had been hit by a car! (They were just fine.) Because she quit breathing they took her by ambulance to the hospital to get her checked out. The "doctor" on call there was a blankety blank blank. He told me that what she did was normal and that I should go home and put her to bed! The nurse told me I should wake her up every couple of hours, the doctor didn't care if I did or not. He didn't know why we came in, this happens to kids all the time! I did however find out that the USU Aggies were winning their game and that he has marble counter tops! We won't be letting him look at our kids again! I woke her up for three nights because she wasn't quit right for a few days, but overall she's just fine. This did stop her poor mom's heart though. Apparently I can handle blood . . . missing part of a finger? Bite through your tongue and lip? Gash your head open? No big deal. Quit breathing - half kill your poor mom.

0 comments:
Post a Comment