The oven died. I cooked a roast for four hours and when I took it out it was still frozen in the center. Wall ovens are expensive. I was unaware of this prior to telling John it was time to buy a new one. The only place in Logan that had one in stock wanted $1500 for it and it wasn't even that great. We looked up Home Depot and Lowes and they both were at least a week out and just as expensive. I took my search to the internet and found Plessers in New York. They were having a fabulous sale with amazing rebates and free shipping. I got the wall oven - convection too - and the cook-top, both professional grade, for $1600! I was so excited. The four week wait tempered a lot of that excitement, but once John got them in I was excited again!
The cook-top we bought was too big for the hole in our counter so John got to play carpenter! He did such a good job of measuring, remeasuring and then measuring again that it fit perfectly! Jordan loved playing in the big open space when Daddy wasn't sawing and making a big mess. It took me three days to get all the sawdust cleaned up and gone.





.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment