Tiffani has bequeathed her power of bloggership over to her significant other for this week's posting. I have come to the determination that our blog so far has been a journal of our kids' lives, which is great but seems odd because all the people with whom we share our blog primarily know Tiffani and I and, secondarily, our children. I think that is just Tiffani's personality to not talk about herself or place herself as the center of attention. Even on her wedding day she was very uncomfortable being the big focus of the day. She prefers to work behind the scenes. I guess I tend to do that too to some extent. Well after all this, I will now post... more pictures of our kids!!! Maybe next week will be a John and Tiffani post. hee hee.
Tiffani and Alexis had a Mommy/daughter date this week. They went up to the Energy Solutions Arena (formerly known as the Delta Center) and saw Disney Princesses on Ice! All of Alexis' female cousins were able to go to it as well. Tiffani wanted to make this very special for her, so we bought her Minnie Mouse ears and she also got to go out to dinner before the show. Her favorite part of the show was a big dragon that shot fire out of his mouth! It is amazing how well she knows her Disney movie characters. Just the other day she was talking about a character on Sleeping Beauty and neither Tiffani nor I knew who she was talking about until she explained it to us.
Also this past week we got Alexis' ears pierced. This was a very difficult thing for her Daddy to agree to. Tiffani had hers pierced at age five and we had a long discussion about what age is appropriate for such a thing. So after explaining over and over about what happens during the piercing process, Alexis still persisted in her desires to "look like mommy." Alexis even watched the girl in line before her get her ears pierced and even though she cried, Alexis was not even the least bit nervous. The moment was heart wrenching for her parents, but she only cried for two or three minutes and then was as content as the day is long. She always reminds us to be very careful with her ears and to not play with them. One might think it would be the parents telling her that, but no, she tells us that. She also reminds us when it is time to put the medicine on them so that they don't get infected. Crazy girl.
I Do Now
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment