I was thinking today about our nations little gas tantrum we're throwing. I think it's funny everyone is trading in their SUV's and trucks and buying hybrid's and geo metro's. If you really stop and consider how we drive, one might first consider simply planning your trips smarter, walking to church, or just skip going out to eat once a month or skip going to a movie once a month, and you more than make up for the gas hike. I heard on the radio a guy talking about how people spend exorbitant amounts of money "per gallon" on all kinds of liquids...salon quality shampoo, soft drinks, hair gel, lotion, bottled water. Bottled water???? Hello! Tap water won't make your kidneys shut down! Can you imagine people 200 years ago seeing the future and watching us walk into a store and lay down 2 dollars for a bottle of Dasani water when you can have it for free from your own faucet? They would be dumbfounded! Yet when the rate for gas goes up by a few cents on the gallon, everyone has a huge meltdown because they are in a sense "forced" to adjust their budget, whereas, if they go blow 16 dollars at Burger King, and Supersize it without hesitation, they don't give it even a passing thought. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in driving cars that get 8 gallons to the mile, but I think people just need to relax a little about this whole gas thing. It's starting to get annoying. Am I alone in my thinking??
Glow Stick Baby
2 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment