Not Tiffani's......John's
Mom and Dad Wadley were getting rid of their long time dresser that they've had for years. Tiffani had a hair-brained idea that it would be fun/cheap to strip it, sand it and then paint it. Tiffani's idea, John's back-breaking ordeal is what it was. It took about a month and a half longer than we thought it would, and John lost a good pound sweating while working!! Don't worry, we stuffed him full of food to make up for it. We think it turned out nicely, and it didn't break the bank. Since John is such a white-collar kind of worker, I thought I would brag about his being able to tackle a blue-collar job and make it look good.
After John had finished his work on the dresser he and Alexis took a break in the back yard. The pool is too small for John to get in, although I think our bathtub is too small too and somehow he fits in it, but Alexis fits perfectly and boy does she love it. Since it's been so warm the last two days, she has lived in her swimming suit and reminds me frequently to put more sunscreen on.
You'd think that John's day would've ended there, but oh no, it wasn't dark yet so we kept him busy! My sister's kids and my mom came over to play this afternoon and we let John babysit them outside. The youngest one, Aydian (15 months), had a dirty diaper and grandma doesn't change those, so she bribed John to do it and he made $5!! About three minutes later Ryley (3 years) came waddling into the house. Grandma really doesn't do big kid nasties, so John made another $5 cleaning him up. Not too bad, now he can go out to lunch this week!!
I Do Now
4 days ago
1 comments:
Once again you've made me laugh! If I were rich I would pay someone to change all poopy diapers! Sicko! but alas, we are almost penniless so I guess I will spend the rest of my young days changing poopers. Darn it! Dresser looks gret BTW!
Post a Comment