Drew just loves to be doing everything Alexis is doing, even if it is painting fingernails or wearing pink clothes. Alexis' friend Sara gave her some cute hand-me-downs (who doesn't love free clothes) and Drew fell in love with this particular outfit. He stripped down and put it on two days in a row. If you look closely you'll notice he's wearing Alexis' pink princess shoes as well. Alexis loved this dress and wore it for two days as well. Less you think that I'm a bad mom, I dressed both of them and they both at different times disappeared and came back redressed. Who am I to argue?
I told Alexis to brush her hair so we could leave, she decided to do her hair as well. She wasn't so excited about my redoing her hair before we left.Alexis has a little friend who gets dropped off at our house to play while her sister is playing next door, they have a lot of fun and really like to play together. The other day her friend, McKaylynn, came over and instead of staying here she wanted Alexis to go play at her house (they live about a block and a half away, but you have to cross two streets to get there). Alexis had never been there to play before but I didn't think anything of it. I was finishing dinner up when I realized I needed to pick her up, so I called to tell them that Stephanie would be coming to pick her up in a few minutes. About five minutes later the door bell starts ringing over and over again. I figured Steph was being a brat so I ran to answer it and found Alexis and her friend standing there. I looked around outside and there was no adult. Yes, you guessed it, they walked home alone! She figured if it was time to go, she'd better get home. McKaylynn was so cute, she said: "Bye, I have to go home!" Don't worry I didn't let her walk back home alone. When I called her mom, she was shocked that they had left! It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only mom who occasionally loses her three year old. Alexis also assured me that they looked both ways before crossing the streets, too bad that didn't comfort me a whole lot.
Here's a funny picture of John at the Outdoor Show in SLC. His company had a booth and they were setting up a bear, John was having fun playing inside of it.
I Do Now
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment