CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Madison's hospital visit

Madison got sick on the 24th and continued to get worse all week. Friday I took her to the doctor because she just didn't seem right. She was borderline dehydrated, she was crying but barely getting any tears, she wasn't peeing much at all and overall she was miserable. So, off to the hospital we went to get her re-hydrated. She didn't perk up as quickly as we would have liked, although the doctor called to say that we could leave whenever we felt that she was good, so we ended up staying the night and not leaving until Saturday afternoon. She still doesn't feel good and she's still sick, but she is no longer dehydrated and we're hoping she stays that way. I'm so thankful that we live in a society where dehydration is fixable and not something that would have been a death sentence. It's amazing how much science has progessed in recent history.

This is her I get to leave so I'll be happy for ten minutes picture.

Madison wasn't so sure about all the noise and sharing her new bed, but Alexis and Drew loved seeing her.

0 comments: