Here he is . . . Brayton R. Hakes.
He was born on Valentines Day, how fun huh?
I still haven't seen him yet, but I've heard he's adorable and I can't wait.
Kristen did great with the delivery and Brixton didn't pass out . . .
way to go daddy!
I haven't posted forever because we lost our camera.
I really miss our camera. We'll find it I'm sure, fingers crossed!
*Updates*
I haven't been sick for two and half days!! I'm so excited.
The contractions have already started, at twelve weeks. Thankfully they're not consistently close enough to be worth worrying about right now, they're just annoying.
All looks good for now, we go in on the 5th to find out if everything looks great and to see what we are having. We didn't find out last time, but I was positive it was a girl. I have no clue what this one is. There is only one in there, but I keep thinking it's a boy and a girl. It will be nice to know what it is and that it is doing just fine.
All the kids want a brother, so here's hoping that they get what they want.
John is doing well as always.
Granted he's had to take over a lot of the household chores to keep things flowing smoothly, but he's handled it well and he's not a complainer so I wouldn't know if he was half dead! Now that I'm starting to feel better, he should get a little bit of a break from all the extra work.
Alexis still has a swollen lymph node in her neck, but the doctor said unless it starts to grow again we need not worry.
Alexis asked us at dinner the other night why we don't call each other John and Tiffani instead of Mom and Dad because it's confusing and she doesn't know if we're talking about each other or about our parents. She is definitely a thinker and she never ceases to stop thinking about things.
Drew has not caught anything that the rest of us have caught in the last few months, HOORAY!
In Sam's Club they were handing out samples of fish. Drew wanted to go get a sample and when I told him it was fish he said: "We don't eat fish, Pteranodons do." He loves to watch The Dinosaur Train on PBS and he's obviously learning something!
Madison is well . . . Madison.
She has potty trained but we still have accidents, only during the day.
She usually has accidents only when she needs to do #2 and we can have upwards of five peeing accidents in just a couple of hours. But it's a great tool for knowing when she needs to go. However, she's only had two accidents in the last four days so we might be getting past it.
She still hasn't had an accident at night, which is great!
AND she's starting to talk!! It's a minor miracle, we know.
She still prefers to grunt but she's starting to use her big words instead and it is wonderful when she does.
Her favorite word right now is UP, she loves to be apart of anything that is going on.
She also loves to make angry faces at us. She'll give us a huge scowl and then two seconds later she'll give us a big smile and then hurry and scowl again. I want to get it on camera, but first I have to find it.
We bought a bread machine so that we can try and save some money. The kids love to eat bread and we can go through two loaves a week, easily. After doing some research we discovered that we'd save about fifty bucks this year on bread if we made our own even after buying the machine. Next year we should save more than one hundred fifty!
For family home evening we let the kids grind wheat for wheat bread.
We were nervous that the bread wouldn't turn out and that they would think that the new bread was nasty and wouldn't want any. We normally buy white bread for them and seven grain for John and I.
John and I were pleasantly surprised when the bread turned out and it tasted great. (I didn't even have to put a sugar topping on it to make it taste good!)
The kids loved it too and they love to help make the bread, so it's been a great purchase thus far.
The kids, especially Alexis, have started wearing out the knees in their pants. Instead of going and buying them new pants or making them do until summer, we bought a sewing machine so I could fix them. So far it has saved us more than we spent on it. I'm not great at sewing, but the job is getting done and it doesn't look too horrid. I'm sure with time and practice I'll get better and the fixes will look better too.

0 comments:
Post a Comment