CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas. . .in May


I decided to try some color on the bench outside. It's not what I thought it would look like, but the kids loved helping paint it and they love having a green bench, so not a complete loss. 

I decided that I want to get Christmas completely done before the birth of our new little bundle. Not only will I have a new baby, I will be in school which means finals and my kids are usually sick most of the winter. Alexis will be in Kindergarten so I'm sure she'll be bringing home lots of fun stuff to share with us in the sick department. I've got all the gifts started and they should be done in the next couple of weeks! I realized last night that we were going to need some wrapping paper for all this and not many people sell Christmas wrapping paper year round!
For Christmas wrapping paper we rolled out the big roll of butcher paper and let the kids use paint and Christmas cookie cutters to decorate it. Once they figured out what to do they went to town. I think they'll love seeing "their" Christmas paper being used on gifts.






This last week our new little bundle quit moving like she had been and even when provoked she wouldn't move much at all. We had to run to SF to get the ultrasound, but she was just fine. She weighs 3 lbs, her heartbeat is fabulous and she measures exactly where she is supposed to. She has some hair on her head that we could see and she was trying to eat her umbilical cord, which made me laugh. The ultrasonographer couldn't get her to move either, which she thought was odd. She said that since everything looked good and there were no apparent problems that I shouldn't worry about it. So, all is well with our little bundle and she's even got hair!! (I think it'll be brown, only 10 weeks to go before we find out!)

1 comments:

Chris & Jamie said...

I'm so glad that evertything looks good for baby girl...that would be scary! As far as Christmas now...BRILLIANT! I might have to steel your idea!