Monday morning I woke up for my nightly pee trip, which was two hours late . . . hooray!! Sadly, had it been at the normal time, I might have discovered this much sooner.
I thought I heard the kids playing in their room but when I checked they were fast asleep. Being half asleep myself, my next thought was that we might have a really big bug problem. I went looking for the cause of the sound and I found our ceiling leaking water at a rapid rate. I woke John up and he went to wake the neighbors to see what was going on. They weren't home, hence the reason that it was never stopped. We woke the landlords and stopped the water leakage. These were the spots that were readily visible, but when the restoration company came, they ripped out the entire section of ceiling from one side of the room to the other and right above the closets. It had made it to the other side of the room and started going down that wall too. Thankfully, it didn't ruin any of our stuff and the landlords were really good about getting someone there the same day to take care of it. Today we were able to unplug the fans, which had been running 24/7 for the last four days. I can't tell you how many times either John or I would stop by the bathroom to turn off the fan in there thinking someone had left it on!
Later that same day, our dishwasher started leaking water all over the floor. I'm not joking. It was on its last leg and of all days to decide to die, that one just happened to be it. I felt bad for the poor landlords, a soggy ceiling and a new dishwasher all in the same day. They've been really great about everything though, which has made everything run much more smoothly than it could've.
The best part of this is that I had finals all week, three of them to be exact. Yes, I was able to add more stress to an already stressful week. Thankfully my mom was able to come and help with the kids. She even went as far as to take them Thursday morning until Friday afternoon!! It was a little odd studying with complete quietness all around me, minus the fans. And for those wondering, my kids didn't miss John or me and they didn't get excited to see us when we picked them up.
Today after my last final we headed down to Utah County to fetch our children and play. We saw Dr. Eric and everything is great with the pregnancy so far. I'd been having a lot of contractions and pressure, but I'm only dilated to a 1.5 with no effacement, so no need to worry! After making sure everything was good with the newest member, we headed to Aunt Pam's to go swimming and have some dinner. The kids loved swimming. I thought for sure they'd be exhausted and fall asleep on the way home, but I forgot that my kids don't sleep. In fact, it is 10 p.m. right now and they are still trying to fall asleep.
Drew wasn't so sure about the boogie board.
He was much happier in Madison's floater.
We decided to eat our messy strawberry dessert outside because it was so sunny and lovely. We should have checked the temperature prior to setting everything up. Can you tell I'm freezing? Aunt Pam surprised me with a candle and Happy Birthday song. This is our vain attempt to light the candle in the wind. Yes, I'm getting older this coming week . . . but lets be honest, I'm still in my 20's so it's not a big deal . . . yet.
Thank you Aunt Pam, the entire outing was wonderful and much needed!
1 comments:
Wow, what a week! I'm glad the problems were quickly resolved and the week ended well. Where was it warm enough to go swimming? Did I miss a warm day? Your family is of course adorable. We are all moved in and I haven't recovered yet.....Happy Birthday this week! It is the 14th, yes?
Post a Comment