CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 14, 2011

Slides in the house

 The dentist thinks she had a subluxation of her front two teeth. That means that they came out of their sockets and then went back in. He also said that she probably cracked the bone around that area too. Does is sound painful to you too?

 She bit through her lip. You can see the chunk of skin missing and to the left of it, right in the picture, is where it came out. Luckily it didn't come out through her chin area. The dentist said that she didn't need stitches there yet, it should heal itself but we'll have to watch.

Can you see the "road burn" on her chin and under her lip?

How do you get this much damage to your poor mouth you ask? Alexis built a slide out of the cushions on our couch and had them aimed right at John's stereo. No, her mother was not aware of this. What was I doing while my children were creating dangerous creations? I was getting dinner ready for our family and for the neighbor who recently had surgery. Did I get the food done? No, I had to call and ask if I could bring it the next day so that I could run Madison to the dentist and then possibly to get her lip stitched. I had to get a babysitter because I couldn't imagine taking all four kids with me to do this. Alexis and Drew stayed home and when it was time to take the babysitter home Madison started crying because she didn't want her to leave. I guess I should leave my kids with a babysitter more often. (This was the first babysitter since we moved to Logan a year and a half ago.) Madison was so cute while she was screaming that she was in pain, occasionally she would stop and say "I'm all done crying now". It would only last for a minute, but she was trying. 

1 comments:

-Kate- said...

Oh my goodness!!! Poor girl!!! I bit a whole through my tongue when I was about five and I hardly remember it- kids are tough, thankfully! I hope she feels better soon!