Do I look dead? I felt dead. I could barely walk for three days after this picture.
The rivalry relay runs from the Utes campus to the Cougars campus, 60 miles. There are six teammates and a driver. I was stupid enough to say that I'd do it with them, yes, stupid. I did NO training, none, nada, squat, zilch, you get the idea! I did run the Spanish Fork Speedy Spaniard 10k, with no training and it about killed me too. you'd think I would've learned my lesson but I didn't.
My first leg was a 4 mile leg and it was supposed to be easy with a small hill in the middle. What they failed to mention was that that small hill continued up from mile two until mile four. It wasn't steep, but I was nearly dead and I still had two more legs to go. Kill me. My second leg was all down hill! I was doing great for the first two miles and I felt good! (Probably because I borrowed someone's shoes. My finger shoes were killing my calves.) At about mile 3 I started getting the cold chills in 102 degree weather. At mile 3.25 I about passed out. I let one of my teammates finish for me. (Allison was running with me so she could warm down! Yes, she's amazing!) Apparently getting the cold chills is not so good, it's called heat stroke! I stopped before it killed me, but that doesn't mean that it didn't feel like I was dead. My last leg I walked for a mile before I had to let someone else finish. I will NEVER run again, I'm not joking.
John did amazing, as usual. He was running up the hills like they were nothing. He barely broke a sweat running his 10 miles. He was also really good at being there to hold me up when I thought the ground looked more inviting!
Our team did amazing, we ended up gaining about 20 spots from the middle of the race to the end of the race.
We left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Wadley while we were running, all day long. I thought the kids would be excited to see us when we got home but they could've cared less. Including Jocelyn, who has never been left for longer than an hour before! She didn't even come to see us when we got there. We then left to go out to eat and not one of them said anything other than "BYE". They obviously had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa.
Before we left we went and played with Grandpa Rod. The kids love to go and hang all over him and use his ping pong balls and paddles to pelt him!


0 comments:
Post a Comment