CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Food Dudes

Alexis'

Drew's
For my apprenticeship this semester I helped with the Food Dudes study. They measure the kids' carotenoid levels, among other things, before and after they've given fruits and vegetables to the kids during the lunch hour, for about a month. I was curious to see what our levels were so I took the kids and did their measurements. Alexis' score was more like what everyone else in the house was at, except Drew. Drew was off the charts. I knew he was our fruit and vege eater, I didn't realize how much more he was eating than the other kids! (The red region is the norm for people in general. Anything above red is above average and the blue is the upper limits of measurements.)
I took 19 credits this last semester, including this apprenticeship. I was really stressed about just passing one class in particular as she was a beastly teacher. No, it wasn't just me. The mean on her first test was 20/50. I don't think that there was a single mean above 30/50, on all five tests! There were a number of people taking her class for the second or third time. I was praying for a C-, seriously, I would've been SO happy with a C-.   I ended up with a B- because I aced the last test. Oh, happy day! The B- was my lowest grade, I ended up with a 3.49 GPA this semester. Only one class left to go and I can graduate! I don't know if I'm truly excited about that, but John is!

0 comments: