John, Madison and I all went to Orlando for a few days to scope out the area and celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Can you really celebrate with a 9-month old? We both love warm weather and wouldn't mind moving there in the future. Friday we went to see the Orlando Temple and surrounding areas. It was gorgeous. If I could get remarried, to John, I think I might choose this temple. It had gorgeous green stained glass all around and the landscape was amazing!
Saturday we went to Cocoa Beach. John had never before swam in the ocean, so he was really excited when he discovered the water wasn't frigid, just chilly! He went swimming, Madison and I watched until the end when she had to be washed off.
After the beach, we met my cousin Emily and her little girl Vanessa at Downtown Disney for dinner. It was fun to see them and to eat such good food!!
We went to Gatorland to burn some daylight before our flight home. When we first walked in they had this little alligator for petting. Yes, we all pet it. It was a lot softer than I thought it would be. This little guy is actually seven months old, I thought they would've gotten bigger quicker.
The morning after we arrived home, I went in to see if Drew was awake, and he was sitting on his bed. He got this big smile and said: "Did Daddy find a job?" What a goose he is. Maybe next time he'll be excited to find me.
As a side note, I'm a bad mom and haven't posted how Madison's 9-month check-up went. Other than needing three shots, it went really well. She is 21 lbs, I know huge, which is the 90th percentile. She is 29.8 inches long which is in the 97th percentile. Her head was only in the 75th percentile, no need to worry, she is super smart like her siblings. She is getting bigger and bigger each day. As a comparison, Drew is only 27 lbs, yes they are only 6 lbs apart and 20 months apart in age!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment