Michelle and her kids came up and visited with us for a day during the summer, it was so much fun. The kids enjoyed going to the pseudo-zoo and then we came back and they played and played and were so good. It was fun to be able to sit and talk and have the kids entertaining themselves. I think George was a prince or dragon, but he was protecting princess Alexis, does it surprise you? We loved playing and can't wait until it gets warm and we can go back outside. Yes, already.
My mom kept Alexis for a week a couple of weeks ago, and we discovered that my mom really doesn't listen to me. I told her that if she had a t.v. on Alexis would not go to sleep until it was off. Well, at 2 a.m. mom had to turn off the t.v. because Alexis was still watching it! Needless to say, Alexis didn't get much sleep that week!
While Alexis was with grandma she called and while we were talking grandma told Alexis that she was pooped. That was a new phrase for Alexis and she couldn't stop giggling for almost five minutes, she thought grandma had actually pooped her pants. Whenever we wanted her to start laughing again, we would ask if grandma had pooped her pants and it would start all over again.
Madison will not stop screaming in her high pitched squeal, so I got a water bottle. Any guesses what I do with said water bottle? I spray her in the face whenever she screams. She'll start her screaming but as soon as she sees that water bottle she'll get this look on her face that I swear reads: You wouldn't dare! But, she usually stops the screaming! Hallelujah!
John's aunt Ann offered to watch the kids for us while we went to a Veteran's Day concert, which she got us tickets to, and we couldn't refuse the offer. Thanks again!
I got all dressed up for the occasion and when I came out of the bathroom Drew took a look at me and said: "I love your costume mom!" Oh how I love little boys!
I had to leave and go take a test before the concert so John and his parents put the kids to bed so Ann could relax and read and not have to worry about getting them into bed. Alexis wanted a really big drink before bed and she guzzled it down too quickly. Yes, true to Alexis fashion, it all came back up. Poor John had to clean it all up before he could leave.
The next morning Drew was climbing down the bunk bed ladder but he'd waited too long and ended up peeing all over Alexis' bed and the ladder. So, Alexis' bedding was changed twice in less than twelve hours! Don't worry, I got to help in the clean up, John left all the sheets and shirts piled throughout the upstairs for me! At least I didn't have to see it, so I was a happy camper.
Alexis has taken up playing the drums on my butt. It is more annoying than you can imagine. I asked her why she keeps doing it when she knows that I don't like it and she told me that she likes the way it makes my butt jiggle. I don't care if you are anorexic, that comment will make anyone feel like they have a big butt.
0 comments:
Post a Comment