John thought it would be fun to keep the kids up until midnight to welcome the new year.
Luckily, common sense prevailed and at 8:30 we let them bang pots and clap lids together so we could put them to bed.
This picture shows Drew getting tired of listening to the noise and telling Alexis to stop.
I was lucky and John let me fall asleep about 10. I guess that's what pregnancy will do to you!
John stayed up until 12:45 am celebrating the new year by cleaning up the house, what a great husband!
For Christmas Grandma Wadley gave the kids a binder with the Articles of Faith with pictures and key words to help them memorize them.
The kids absolutely love it.
They have the first one memorized and Drew is fascinated with The Holy Ghost.
He asked us where the Holy Ghost lived and we told him that it lives inside you. When you feel good or bad about something you're doing, that's the Holy Ghost letting you know if it is right or wrong. I thought that this was a fairly simple explanation but he took it to mean that it lives in his tummy. He likes to poke himself and say: "The Holy Ghost is really hard, see!"
I was watching a movie with the kids yesterday and I mimicked one of the characters thinking that I was being funny. Alexis turned around and quickly said: "Don't EVER do that again mom!"
I guess she doesn't appreciate my trying to be funny.
John rented the new Star Wars from Netflix, which I grudgingly let him do. Funny enough, I actually liked it. I thought for sure that they would make it about as stupid as Transformers 2. I would not buy it, but it was a good show that was worth watching once.
0 comments:
Post a Comment