CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 15, 2010

A morning in our life


Yesterday I made an appointment to go see an OB GYN here in Logan because I thought that I might have miscarried. All of my pregnancy symptoms had disappeared. Turns out everything is just fine and I no longer have to pee a thousand times a day among other things!!
Baby peanut measured right on schedule at 10 weeks 4 days!


Last night Drew got a nosebleed while John was watching the kids while I was at school.
This morning I was woken up to Alexis screaming: "Mom, something's wrong with Drew and there's blood everywhere!"
Being woken from sleeping with this statement will make anyone jump out of bed.
I could hear Drew crying downstairs, but it wasn't an I'm dying cry it was more of an I'm scared cry.
Yesterday Madison broke my glasses, so I had to go downstairs half blind.
He had another bloody nose, his shirt is pictured above. Not only was it all over his shirt, his hands and his sleeves, it was also all over my blanket.
John was unaware that you put hydrogen peroxide on blood to remove it from clothing. So Drew's last nights clothing was dried with blood and I had all this new clothing to clean out too.
I ran out of peroxide before I got to last nights clothes or the blanket. WalMart, here we come!
On a positive note, Drew has learned that if he keeps his fingers out of his nose, it won't bleed anymore.

But wait, the day gets better.

I went upstairs to get dressed and put in my contacts.
When I came back downstairs, with my sight restored, what did I see?
One box of cereal dumped all over the floor.
One garbage can dumped all over the living room floor.
And, I smelled one dirty bum that needed changed.
This does not include all the toys that are scattered throughout the living room.
Once we got everything under control I sat down to eat some breakfast.
All of the kids wanted to eat breakfast again because they love me and I shouldn't have to eat alone, ever.
Madison decided to be a good helper and she took the milk and poured herself a new bowl of cereal.
We caught a break on this one.
I caught her right before her bowl overflowed! And, she had actually poured all the milk into the bowl and nowhere else!
Alexis is the only one that actually ate her new bowl of cereal.

Now lets talk about my youngest, Madison, who I firmly believe was put on earth to increase my patience levels.
She loves to hit, pull hair and yell at the top of her lungs.
When I say yell at the top of her lungs, don't imagine a normal yell, imagine something more akin to a hyena.
She whacked me in the face so many times yesterday that I got a black eye.
It's not bad, but enough that I look like a raccoon.
Poor Drew seems to be the one that gets hit and has his hair pulled more than anyone else.
He's learning to stay as far away from Madison as humanly possible.

She is completely potty trained . . . . at night.
She doesn't pee her diaper all night and then wakes up and goes pee in the toilet. Wahoo!
Then we get to day time peeing.
She used to tell me she needed to pee and we went a week with just a couple of accidents.
Now she tells me after she pees that she needs to go. (We're going through 15 diapers a day.)
It doesn't matter if she's just gone pee, she will pee again not ten minutes later and it's a ton!
The other day she went into the bathroom and puckered her little butt up and aimed towards the toilet, like Drew does, and peed herself. Lets not lie, it made me laugh!

Last night Alexis got really upset with the computer and she started getting mad at it like I do.
John said she was saying things like: "It's not that hard to do it, is it?   Why don't you just do what I want?"  Etc.
It's funny to hear that your little ones listen to when you are upset and mimic when they are in the same situation.

And one last cute story.
Last night I heard little footsteps run through the bathroom and flip on the light and then just stand there.
I called Drew to come and see me, I could tell it was him, and asked him what was wrong.
He said that there were monsters in his room. Then he told me that he wished that there were some dogs to make them go away.
I told him that since it was a dream he could dream some dogs to come and bite the monsters in the butt!!
He thought that this was so funny.
I thought it was funny that he would run through one dark room to get to another room to turn on the light.

0 comments: