CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekend fun

Last week I was so sick I thought I'd been run over with a semi-truck. John got it at the end of the week, but his only lasted for a day, lucky guy. But, we're better and now life is getting back to normal, wahoo!!
School started yesterday and I'm excited to have some brain stimulation. One month off is far too long.

On Thursday the kids and I drove to Spanish Fork. I was able to go and see my little peanut, who looks like a peanut! It was only 27 mm long. Angie was kind enough to let us stay with them for the weekend which was nice, the kids absolutely loved playing with their cousins.
Alexis and Miriam were like two storms colliding. They would get so wound up and then they would get everybody else wound up. It was funny to see how much fun they could have and how loud they could get! (I wish I'd taken my camera, they were having races down the stairs and it was so funny. Alexis ended up getting rug burn on her belly that is still healing.)
On Friday we went to see my friend Michelle who is about to pop, she's pregnant. We're very excited for her!! Hopefully the little one comes this week, keep your fingers crossed. George, her little guy, has taken up growling like a dinosaur. He has such a convincing growl that Alexis came in crying and Drew followed behind because he was scared. I thought it was funny, but I think George was annoyed that no one appreciated his amazing growling talent.
Then we went to see our old neighbors the Gaede's and the kids had so much fun there too. John came up that night, all the kids were excited to see him.
On Saturday Alexis and I went to Kristen's baby shower, which was a lot of fun and they had some really good food! After the baby shower the kids and I went to play with Beth in Salt Lake for a little while while John went to a mission reunion.
Overall it was a very busy week and we were so excited to get home!

On Saturday night we also went and bought a Wii. Yes, I finally got John to agree to it! It's so cold here that we can't go outside for more than a couple of minutes, but the kids need some sort of exercise so we bought the Fit so that we could keep them somewhat active. So far they love it and it is so fun to watch them try the different games and how excited they get about funny things like falling in the water.

I don't think I put Madison's statistics up for her 18 month check-up. Her head is in the 81%, weight 59% and height 86%.

As a side note, during dinner we usually ask John how his day went and then he asks the kids how their days went. John wasn't home for dinner and so Alexis asked me what I did. I figured she already knew, so I asked her what I did. She replied with: "You relaxed and you played on the computer and you sat and sat and sat." It made me laugh, it's funny to see what your kids actually think you do!

0 comments: