Can you see the sore underneath her nose? She fell face first on the tennis court. John said it was like the movies where they slide with their face on the ground and their body in the air. A few days later we put her to bed and two hours later she woke up and didn't go back to sleep for FIVE hours.While she was up and playing she was picking the scab and tore it off. She was not a happy camper. It was three a.m. when she finally went to bed. Jocelyn woke up at 3:05 for her feeding. She had Pepsi milk the next day - I was exhausted.
Grandma Tobi thinks she looks like an Egyptian!
I just LOVE her little cheeks, they are huge for her skinny little body.
Daddy and Grandma Tobi have been great at taking the kids to go and do things while I get a break every so often. They went swimming for a couple hours one day and then they went hiking for an hour a few days later. The kids love going and doing things with them and I appreciate the calm that comes when they go to the activities.
Honestly she was out of my sight for 60 seconds - no more. I was in the kitchen addressing an envelope to Max and when I finished she was gone. The next thing I heard was: "Mom, Jocelyn!" I went running and I found Madison had climbed into bed with Jocelyn. When I pulled out the camera she started saying "cheese", does this mean that I am reinforcing bad behavior? Oh well, I couldn't pass up the picture and the baby wasn't hurt.
Madison decided to diaper her baby with Jocelyn's diaper. Good thing it was a doll and not the real baby.
Drew has had a rough week. Sunday he came running into the house screaming. He had stepped on a bee and the stinger was stuck in his foot. On a positive note, we found out that he's not allergic to bees! Sunday night he started coughing and Monday he was fevering and had a drippy nose. He decided to go and play outside with Madison on the trampoline even though he was feeling a little nasty. When they were done Madison got down and then Drew started to climb down. (There is a little chair that they step on so that they can get up and down.) Madison took the chair and pulled it away from him. Then she proceeded to pull his shorts and underwear off. You might think she was trying to help him but when they were off she took off in the other direction to go play. Drew was SO mad that all he could do was half yell half grunt about it. I still laugh just thinking about it - does that make me a mean mom? I'm sure he'll laugh later on.
Alexis was playing with her barbies today and she came in with Ken driving the car and barbie being pulled behind it by her neck. According to Alexis they were hiking and she fell down a cliff. Ken saved her and was taking her to a Dr. About five minutes later Alexis came back and told me that the Dr. said that barbie would be fine. She then proceeded to tell me that the Dr. told them that they were lucky because they couldn't have babies. I told her I would be sad if I couldn't have babies. She told me that they were glad because babies are A LOT of work and they didn't want to deal with it. I busted up laughing - where do kids get these ideas?
0 comments:
Post a Comment