She's a cutie but behind those cheeks, eyes and smile she is a mischievous little person.
Friday our day went something like this:
Mom was leaving with Alexis to run some errands for me and I left Madison alone for MAYBE five minutes while I gathered everything Mom needed. When I walked back into the room Madison had completely emptied my wallet of everything inside, thrown all the baby diapers everywhere and pulled every last bit of floss out and draped it around the couch.
She went outside for a little while so I had a reprieve from watching her like a hawk.
Grandma and Grandpa Wadley came over and brought her back inside with them. They had brought some Otter Pops with them and Madison LOVES Otter Pops. Three Otter Pops later I told her she had to wait until Alexis came home to have more.
When Alexis came home Madison went right for the Otter Pops and Orange Dreamsicles. The next thing we know, Madison was holding a frozen corndog that she had partially eaten and she had handed out frozen Toaster Strudles to all the kids. We figured that since she had already half eaten both there was no point in taking them away. About three minutes later she had a frozen taquito in her hand. When I walked into the kitchen there were two entire Orange Dreamsicles melted on the floor and the freezer and fridge were left open. While cleaning up this mess, Madison found the cashews that Grandma and Grandpa Wadley had brought and took those into the front room and dumped some out.
Needless to say, Johns arrival home made my day!
John wasn't as excited.
Madison was in the kitchen with John when he decided to come into the front room. He thought about bringing her with him but didn't see anything that she could destroy so he left her. Two minutes later we heard a huge crash. Madison had pulled down the container of ALL the nail polish onto the tile floor. The nail polish is four shelves up so she had to pull a chair over and probably climb up one shelf to get to them. Luckily only one bottle broke and the other 15 survived and Madison was uninjured. Madison was not happy that we were upset and that we wouldn't paint her nails after she'd worked so hard to get them all down.
The other day I went to do something for Alexis and she told me that she wanted to do it herself because: "That's how I learn." I'm sure if Madison could use that saying that's what she'd be telling me all day every day.
Thursday the 22nd when we were sitting outside playing with cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Wadley's, my mom told me that she thought Alexis was pinching Jacob. I turned to look because no one was crying and lets be honest, I thought maybe she meant Madison because that is something Madison would do, but not Alexis. When I turned to tell her she was crazy she insisted that I look again, so I did. As I turned back around to face mom, slightly annoyed that she was being a nut, there was a face coming in to kiss me. I was so shocked I almost hit them - and it wasn't going to be a nice little hit either. Luckily, I realized that it was John before he got whacked. John had told me that he had Monday off and so I wasn't expecting him until Friday. He had the wrong day though and so he thought he would surprise me and not tell me that he was coming down right then. It was very sweet, especially since he brought a huge back of See's candies with him. It completely shocked me . . . I don't know that I'll be able to get him back for that one anytime soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment