John and Grandma took Alexis and Drew to the Logan Rodeo this year. Alexis has been reminding us for the last month that we didn't let her see the bull riding last year. They of course save the bull riding until the very end of the rodeo, which is really late for little kids. They didn't get home until 11:30 and both kids were still awake! They've been riding brooms and mops around the house and yard since the rodeo.
Friday night was the ward campout. John and Drew ended up going by themselves. They had a great time together and even tried fishing the next morning. Needless to say they didn't catch anything.
Our nights, once the kids go to bed, are usually uneventful. Notice the word usually?
One of the few nights that John isn't home with me and I ended up having to find a babysitter at midnight.
My Aunt Melanie and family came into town and Grandma took Alexis and Madison swimming at the hotel pool Friday night. After the girls went to bed Grandma tried a Harry Potter like trick - walking through a wall instead of through the open door. I discovered that laughing when injured must be genetic because she started laughing so hard she had tears streaming down her face. Her foot was swollen and bruised and she couldn't move her toes. I had been deprived of sleep the night before and I was so looking forward to crawling into my bed. Instead at midnight I called Chalie (Menie's daughter) to come and watch Alexis and Madison while I ran Grandma to the emergency room.
Had they not been in town, I would've had to take ALL the girls with me. What great timing huh?
She did not break her foot, but she had some nice soft tissue damage. They gave her a walking boot and some crutches and sent us home to our sweet beds at about 2:45. Jocelyn decided to wake up when we got home and not go back to bed until 4. The girls were up at 8 and wanted me to start functioning. Luckily I have a great husband who let me go back to sleep when he got home. Oh happy day! Grandma used the crutches for two days and the walking boot for four. It's still sore, but it's getting better.
Even though this is a blurry picture I loved her facial expression.
Madison sweet Madison. This is mascara smeared around her face.
She did this while she was supposed to be eating her lunch and while I was feeding Jocelyn her lunch. Today was an off day for lunch, usually John comes home for lunch and Grandma is here too. Today I didn't have John or Grandma here which I didn't think would be a problem. Maybe I should quit thinking so much.
Some of the great things about Madison: she now uses words for everything. She's a talking queen and her days of screaming because she's frustrated are well behind her. She can count to five - not always in the right order and you have to get her to count one, two instead of two, one to get the next three numbers. Maybe this has something to do with me counting down from five as a warning when she's going to get in trouble for something. Obviously she listens for two, one before she listens. She knows all of the colors in a basic box of crayons and loves to point out colors. She's getting so big!
0 comments:
Post a Comment