CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Friday, March 27, 2009

How far can you stick your finger up your nose?

I'm sure the title gave away most of it. Today, right before the Dr.'s office closes, Drew came up to me and told me that he put a candy up his nose. I looked, didn't see anything, and figured that he was teasing me. That was until he put his finger up his nose. Dude, his finger went way past the point that I thought it should be able to. It was at that point that I knew we had a problem. I took a second look and sure enough, clear up in the nether regions of his left nostril there was something that looked strangely familiar, like a Yogo.

A Yogo, for those who don't know, is a little ball of fruit that is covered in a hard yogurt shell. Now before you start thinking that I give my kids healthy food, the first ingredient is sugar I'm sure.

It was too far up to get by pushing it from the top and squeezing it out, I had no clue what to do. So I did what anyone would do, I called my mom. She said to call the Dr. I did, and then went running, luckily Steph was here and she was able to come and watch the girls while I held Drew down. It took nearly thirty minutes, washes, water, little grabbers and some pressurized air. At the end he was crying and saying: "Save me Mommy". Poor kid was tramatized, but I bet he doesn't put anything else up his nose. Finally we got it out, at least we think we did. Eric could no longer see it and Drew puked everywhere so here's hoping. As we were leaving he told me that he didn't want to pick his nose anymore!

On a side note, Madison figured out how to throw her food that she doesn't want onto the kitchen floor. Wahoo!!

1 comments:

Beth said...

So this made me laugh out loud. Poor kid...my cousin stuck a nickle up his nose once. I bet that was painful. Anyway, glad you got it out. Probably not the most pleasant mom chore you've had to do huh? Aren't kids great!