CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

End of summer hurrah

Look at how sexy this guy is!
For our end of summer hurrah John wanted to take us all to
Bear Lake.
It was supposed to 82 degrees and lovely.
It did get up to 82 degrees, however, the wind was blowing so much that it felt much colder than that. (I had cold chills most of the day!)
We found a great area to play with the kids, it had a little island in between two small tidal pools that were just the right
depth for the kids.
We forgot our camera so I had to use my cell phone camera for all pictures, they turned out much better than I had anticipated.

John took Drew and Madison out in the raft. Alexis was too sad to go. She was so cold after getting out of the water she was crying hysterically, so I did what any good mother would do. . . I took a picture of her crying.


When she saw this picture she stopped crying and started laughing. She wanted another picture of her happy but this is what the next picture brought:



Finally, she was able to smile.


We stopped and bought a kite, some shovels and a ball game at a quaint little shop in the center of town. Really, I don't know that it can be called the center of town but there just isn't
a better name for it.


John doesn't have any luck in flying kites or catching fish, so we were very excited that he was able to get this up and keep it up!


While John and I were playing the ball game, the raft took off. The wind caught it and it started rolling over itself all the way down the beach. John caught up to it at one point, and jumped on it, only to bounce right back off and then to have the raft roll right over him. He did eventually catch it, but it took a little longer than he had planned. I was laughing so hard I couldn't take a picture until he was dragging it back.


The wind was really blowing, which allowed Alexis to fly the kite by herself. She really loved running all over the little island and flying the kite.


John and Drew decided to expand the "pool" we had dug and make it into a moat for a castle.


Madison wasn't that interested in what anyone else was doing so she found a couple of sea-shells or she-shells and Alexis calls them, and was carefully putting them on her legs.


Drew decided to take a turn flying the kite. He didn't do as well because he would get distracted with something else to do and forget to run.


The finished sand castle and moat.
(If you look closely, you'll see the kite string in Drew's hand. He was "flying" the kite but found something better to play with.)

0 comments: