I have two sick babies and one non-sick four year old. Complete with fevers, noses and general unhappy dispositions.
Yesterday Madison was reaching for a leaf on our indoor plant and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alexis pull back her hand and swat Madison's hand. (Don't worry it wasn't hard enough to even make Madison cry.)
I immediately told Alexis that she was not allowed to hit people for any reason.
She looked at me with that look she has and she said: "MOM, SHE WAS GOING TO PICK A LEAF OFF YOUR PLANT AND THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!"
Clearly what Madison was doing is not allowed, but what Alexis was doing is an even bigger no-no.
After she'd said her bit I told her again that hitting was not allowed. Then the conversation went something like this. . . .
She went and hid behind the couch I was sitting on and stayed there for a couple minutes.
When she decided that she was done pouting, she popped her head out from behind the couch and said: "Do you feel better now?"
I couldn't stop laughing. Gotta love her attitude.
Yesterday Madison was reaching for a leaf on our indoor plant and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alexis pull back her hand and swat Madison's hand. (Don't worry it wasn't hard enough to even make Madison cry.)
I immediately told Alexis that she was not allowed to hit people for any reason.
She looked at me with that look she has and she said: "MOM, SHE WAS GOING TO PICK A LEAF OFF YOUR PLANT AND THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!"
Clearly what Madison was doing is not allowed, but what Alexis was doing is an even bigger no-no.
After she'd said her bit I told her again that hitting was not allowed. Then the conversation went something like this. . . .
Alexis: But Mom she
Me: No, you don't hit people for any reason.
Alexis: But Mom
Me: No
Alexis: But
Me: No, you don't hit
Alexis: But she
Me: No, No, No, No, No
Alexis: But Mom
Me: No, you don't hit I don't care what it was for.
Then I told her to come over to me and I looked in her eyes and told her again that we don't hit people. (Mind you I'm trying not to smile and laugh at this point because it is ridiculous that we are having this conversation at all.) When I do this, it usually causes her to cry because I've hurt her feelings, but not today.Me: No, you don't hit people for any reason.
Alexis: But Mom
Me: No
Alexis: But
Me: No, you don't hit
Alexis: But she
Me: No, No, No, No, No
Alexis: But Mom
Me: No, you don't hit I don't care what it was for.
She went and hid behind the couch I was sitting on and stayed there for a couple minutes.
When she decided that she was done pouting, she popped her head out from behind the couch and said: "Do you feel better now?"
I couldn't stop laughing. Gotta love her attitude.
0 comments:
Post a Comment