Here's how my day went from about 11:45 until 12:05.
I was folding laundry all morning and the kids were playing downstairs.
Madison came upstairs with a nasty bum and my lipstick smeared all over her face. I realized that John would be home for lunch soon so I'd better head down and get things rolling. (11:45)
When I got downstairs with MJ in my arms the first thing I noticed was the pumpkin pie that was ground into the carpet. (The kids didn't even want to taste it prior to this morning.)
I hurried and changed MJ's butt and when I tried to put a diaper on she let me know she needed to pee, so I put her on the toilet while I ran the nasty outside. When I came back she still wasn't done sitting on the toilet so I began cleaning the pumpkin pie out of my carpet. This is when I realized that they had also gotten into the caramels and left them on furniture and carpet alike. Madison decided that she was done using the bathroom and when I tried to put a diaper on her she threw such a fit I decided that it wasn't worth it to fight her. I let her run naked. Really, I should've seen what was coming next.
So, I'm cooking macaroni and cheese while hurrying to get a load of dishes into the dishwasher so I can use the sink to drain the noodles and MJ decides to pop a squat on my floor and pee in front of the dishwasher. I put her back on the toilet and started cleaning the pee. Drew came into the kitchen looking for snack foods and was very upset when I sent him packing without any. MJ finally finished doing nothing on the toilet and I had to fight her for a solid two minutes to get a diaper on her. (The clothes didn't come until about 1:15.) I hurried and put the lunch on the table (soggy noodles because I let them cook too long) for the kids so they would quit whining and then all was well. (12:05) (Until I noticed that they had made powerade mix with minimal water and smeared it all over my couch. It was an easy clean, just time consuming.)
John came home about 12:05 and made lunch for me, what a sweet-heart.
So what is the confession you ask?
I like to self medicate.
Some women use alcohol and they look forward to bedtime with anticipation so they can have their wine or what have you and just relax.
I too look forward to bedtime so I can self medicate, but I use Lindt chocolate truffles. They are soooo good and I really look forward to bedtime so I can get one or two and not have a child asking to have a bite.
The really bad part is, after a half hour run like I just had, I sneak a chocolate and go hide while I eat it so they won't ask for any.
What am I going to do with four kids?
I was folding laundry all morning and the kids were playing downstairs.
Madison came upstairs with a nasty bum and my lipstick smeared all over her face. I realized that John would be home for lunch soon so I'd better head down and get things rolling. (11:45)
When I got downstairs with MJ in my arms the first thing I noticed was the pumpkin pie that was ground into the carpet. (The kids didn't even want to taste it prior to this morning.)
I hurried and changed MJ's butt and when I tried to put a diaper on she let me know she needed to pee, so I put her on the toilet while I ran the nasty outside. When I came back she still wasn't done sitting on the toilet so I began cleaning the pumpkin pie out of my carpet. This is when I realized that they had also gotten into the caramels and left them on furniture and carpet alike. Madison decided that she was done using the bathroom and when I tried to put a diaper on her she threw such a fit I decided that it wasn't worth it to fight her. I let her run naked. Really, I should've seen what was coming next.
So, I'm cooking macaroni and cheese while hurrying to get a load of dishes into the dishwasher so I can use the sink to drain the noodles and MJ decides to pop a squat on my floor and pee in front of the dishwasher. I put her back on the toilet and started cleaning the pee. Drew came into the kitchen looking for snack foods and was very upset when I sent him packing without any. MJ finally finished doing nothing on the toilet and I had to fight her for a solid two minutes to get a diaper on her. (The clothes didn't come until about 1:15.) I hurried and put the lunch on the table (soggy noodles because I let them cook too long) for the kids so they would quit whining and then all was well. (12:05) (Until I noticed that they had made powerade mix with minimal water and smeared it all over my couch. It was an easy clean, just time consuming.)
John came home about 12:05 and made lunch for me, what a sweet-heart.
So what is the confession you ask?
I like to self medicate.
Some women use alcohol and they look forward to bedtime with anticipation so they can have their wine or what have you and just relax.
I too look forward to bedtime so I can self medicate, but I use Lindt chocolate truffles. They are soooo good and I really look forward to bedtime so I can get one or two and not have a child asking to have a bite.
The really bad part is, after a half hour run like I just had, I sneak a chocolate and go hide while I eat it so they won't ask for any.
What am I going to do with four kids?
0 comments:
Post a Comment