CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'd rather be sick


We got some really big carrots and Drew loved them.
Madison loved them as well, but she wouldn't hold still for a picture. Everytime I'd get close to getting a good picture she's try to put the carrot in her belly button, silly girl.



We made sugar cookies. The only part that they really liked eating was the colored frosting, anyone surprised?






During the big storm we decided to go sledding. It was fun, except for the part where we were all freezing. John decided to go down this hill, it didn't work so well. Then he decided to try and go down head first, he must be a man, I was worried that he was going to end up eating the front half of his face. He didn't, but he didn't do it again either.
Drew didn't like the sled so he mostly walked around and threw snow in the air.
The girls really liked the sled and loved sledding down a small hill that we found. Madison thought it was great, she would throw her arms out and squeal with delight.




Drew was mad that I wouldn't let him have more sugar so he pulled this chair over himself and curled into a ball. Every time we tried to move the chair he'd follow and stay underneath all the while screaming that he didn't want us to do that. Madison decided to come and see what the commotion was all about, she thought it was silly!

I finished finals, hooray. I passed all my classes, what more could I have asked for this semester?

Christmas is a big topic with the kids, what kid isn't talking about it? Alexis asked me what I got her the other day and I told her she'd have to wait to find out. She starting her guessing with a barbie, which seems fairly reasonable, but she got the standard response of "No, I wouldn't buy you that, I got you an elephant!" She always rolls her eyes when I say that, it's cute. So, she moves on to her next guess and it went like this: "I know what you got me mom . . . . my very own computer, so I don't have to use yours and dad's computers!!" Insert big cheesy grin here.
Honestly, does she think we're made of money? What four year old asks for her very own computer and truly thinks she'll get it?

Drew the other day out of the blue told me that he was going to be a fire fighter when he grows up. Uncle Ryan is a fire fighter so it didn't seem odd to me that he would mention it. Then he follows up with "So when you're old and die I can come and save you!"
Isn't he the sweetest boy in the world? I'm only 27 but we're planning for my death already!

Drew and Alexis were fighting at the dinner table about who got to hold the DVD's, while John and I were setting the table and getting everything ready. We took the DVD's away and told them that neither one of them could have them. The fighting stopped, aren't we smart parents?
The next thing we know Alexis is screaming that Drew's milk is all over her. I looked over and Drew was standing in his chair with his cup still aimed at Alexis and all of it's contents on Alexis, the table and the chair. I couldn't help laughing, it was such a picture perfect moment.
When I asked Drew why he threw his milk at Alexis he said he did it because he was mad at her and she wouldn't listen to him. I guess it's better than hitting!!

Last weekend was very busy for us.
Saturday night we had the ward Christmas party. This party was a little odd though, they had the dinner catered and they paid a ventriloquist to come and entertain us. I've never been to a ward Christmas party where there isn't ward member involvement. It was nice to not have to do anything, it just didn't feel the same. Then Santa came and the kids loved that. Drew asked for a Barbie again, I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to like his Santa gift this year. Alexis asked for a doll. When I asked her why she didn't ask for a fairy barbie again she said " I asked for that when I talked to the mall Santa. This Santa was a church Santa so I had to ask for something else." I sure hope she isn't expecting a gift from each Santa.

Then came Sunday. I dreaded Sunday.
We had to talk in church. UGH.
I really don't mind getting up and talking in front of people, ie Microbiology seminar - no problem 45 minutes and I did just fine. I could talk about forensics or serial killeres or a myriad of other topics and be just fine but put me in sacrament and tell me to talk and my voice gets all shaky and I feel like I'd rather be home with the flu.
They said that there would be two musical numbers and another speaker that Sunday so we'd have less speaking time than normal and we could have the kids talk if we wanted to. Then we had the big snow storm, so I was really hoping that there just wouldn't be that many people.
There weren't that many people, but I still wanted to be home.
I put Drew up to talk and instead of saying what I told him to say, he says "I don't want to do it."
Next was Alexis, she said her peice and she did just fine.
Then it was my turn, I finished, I didn't puke on them and I survived. It could have been worse I'm sure.
John did great, as usual and filled the rest of the time up perfectly.

0 comments: