CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Drew's exciting night

Can you see his smile?

We put the kids to bed at 7, after giving Drew all the medication we could.
About 9 Drew woke up crying that his arm hurt. We weren't surprised, the doctor actually gave us a prescription for liquid Lortab just in case he couldn't sleep. We hadn't picked it up and we really didn't want to give it to him unless necessary. So, I gave him more medication and then John came up to give him a Fathers Blessing.

He told Drew what a Fathers Blessing was and he told him that it would help his arm to feel better. The grin Drew got was priceless. His little eyes were sparkling and he was just about as giddy as could be. After John gave him the blessing, we brought the small DVD player upstairs and turned on his favorite Scooby Doo. About an hour and a half later we put in The Jungle Book. John erroneously thought that he would fall asleep while watching his show. At midnight I took the DVD player away, redrugged him and he went to sleep.

At 4:30 John and I heard little footsteps coming into our room.
Drew came in a ever so quietly and said: "I need more medicine mom."
I put him back to bed after redrugging him and he didn't wake up until 8 when we had to get ready for Madison's 18 month doctor appointment.

The doctor appointment was at 9 am. What was I thinking?
I was not thinking that we would have a little guy with a bum arm, that's what.
Madison is doing great! Not only is she only having 1 - 2 accidents a day, but she has 3 nights of not peeing her diaper under her belt.
She is almost 25 pounds (59th percentile) and 33 inches long (86th percentile).
Her head is in the 81st percentile! Don't worry, it matches her body.
She got FOUR shots today. She was so unhappy, but she got over it.
She was such a happy little girl today, you would never have guessed she got her shots today.

Drew only asked once for medication today, which was a shock.
Madison didn't seem to need any medication today once shots were over, so she only got a half dose for bed time just to help her sleep.

Overall, today was much better than I anticipated it would be!! Hooray for small miracles.

0 comments: