I was upstairs flip-flopping (John says that this is not common slang for changing the washer/dryer over) laundry upstairs and Drew and Alexis were downstairs playing. I heard Drew start crying and I decided that I was just going to ignore it until I was ready to go downstairs. Soon I heard him saying: "I'm going to tell Mom that you hurt me!" followed by his little footsteps trudging up the stairs. I met him at the top of the stairs and I could tell that something wasn't right. I had him try to move his arms and then I took his shirt off and examined his right arm. It was apparent that he had broken his clavicle aka collarbone.
I called John to leave work early because I couldn't take all three kids by myself and I also couldn't go into x-ray with Drew because of our impending bundle. I loaded them all up and then took Drew to insta-care because the regular doctor office didn't have any openings for at least three hours and then they weren't going to have an x-ray machine available. His fracture was not a complete fracture, she called it a green fracture. When you bend a green stick the top breaks but the bottom stays put, which is what his did, look at the x-ray closely.
They told Drew that he was a great patient while he was there and as we were leaving he said: "I got a ball and a sticker because I was good and patient!"
According to Alexis, she didn't want Drew on the blanket so she pulled it really quickly to get him off. Her punishment for being mean and hurting someone? She has to help him with whatever he wants or needs while his arm hurts because she caused it. She's been a great helper to him so far!!
Drew in his sling. He's doing just fine with having it on, to the point that he's head banging to Scooby Doo music (see below).
* A quick side note - Madison has not had one accident today!! We're getting so close!!

3 comments:
Oh that poor guy! That is so scary. I had looking at broken bones, I could never have been a medical person. I'm glad he is okay!
I mean I HATE looking at broken bones.
Oh man! Way to stay calm, cool and collected! I am glad it wasn't more broken!
Post a Comment