Drew came into the laundry room and told me he had a "square butt". I didn't get it until he turned around. When Alexis found out that I was taking pictures of it, she joined in the fun.
This is what laundry looks like after you've had four tests in one week.
(It's all clean, if that makes it any better.)
Instead of folding it, I let the kids do a craft, which meant I had to supervise and thus I was unable to fold it.
From left to right: Alexis', Drew's and Madison's.
This is the finished product. It was funny to see how each kid responded to the directions.
I gave them some green strips of paper to cut into smaller pieces. Then I put glue on the clover and told them to put their green pieces on.
Alexis took forever to cut hers out and then she quickly put them on her clover.
Madison tried to cut hers to no avail. She then put two pieces on and left the table to go make a mess elsewhere.
Drew cut some of his pieces, but was more interested in making them big versus small. He was the first one ready for glue and the last one to leave the table. He was meticulously putting his green pieces on and trying to make them fit like he would a puzzle. He was so frustrated that he would have a piece in place and then he would find one that would fit better. Then he would have to pick the glue off his fingers before he could move onto the next piece. This would take so long to do though that he would literally have to rip the piece off that needed to be replaced. After he placed six, yes six, pieces I stepped in to help him.
I never fully understood why they had locking wheels and seat belts on high chairs. Until Madison came along. One minute she is sitting still and the next she is sitting on top of or climbing over it and doing whatever it is she wants. She has also learned how to swing her legs such that she can move her high chair to where she wants it to go. She has so much energy I'm amazed that she doesn't get more injuries than she does.
Alexis' self portrait with the new camera.
I let Alexis take the new camera outside to take pictures of the kids playing. (Don't tell John, he won't be happy, it's brand new.) I think she got some good pictures!
Alexis informed me this week that the van has three more seats, so we can have three more kids. She reasoned that we not only have room in the van but we also have enough mommies and daddies to take care of that many kids. I wonder if John and I would truly survive six children. All of the kids are planning our next pregnancy already, they want a brother for Drew.
0 comments:
Post a Comment