Can you see the red patches on her face? Jocelyn has had a hard week!
The day before Jocelyn had her four month check-up I had my visiting teachers over. One of them offered to keep Madison and Drew while I took Jocelyn to her appointment and I happily accepted. The next morning she called to tell me that they had croup. Needless to say I took the kids with me. By Sunday John and I were starting to feel bad. On Monday when we were getting ready to head South for Thanksgiving John and I were feeling even worse. I called Steph to make sure they still wanted us to come even though we were sick and they said come.
John & I were completely loaded on Sudafed, which is worth every penny it costs just in case anyone wants to know. John ended up losing his voice for two days while we were there. I lost my voice as well and a week and a half later it's still not fully back. We both had really sore throats and generally felt like garbage.
Luckily the kids didn't get it as badly as John and I had it, but they didn't escape it either. John ended up with an eye infection.
A couple days later I took Jocelyn in and she had a double ear infection. The doctor said that John & I have adult croup and the kids croup.Who has ever heard of adult croup, seriously? A couple of days into her antibiotic her face was red and we went back to the doctor. He isn't willing to call it an allergic reaction to penicillin, but we shouldn't give her penicillin for a while. So, we changed meds and hoped that we were done with all the nasties associated with this illness. The next day Drew and Madison had eye infections! Nearly $150.00 later it looks like we're getting better.
I have cancelled all visiting teaching appointments until April. This nastiness has lasted for three weeks already and we're done being sick. Hopefully this will be the worst we get this winter, we can hope can't we?

0 comments:
Post a Comment