CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Playing at the farm

Cheryl & Ryan invited us to go to a farm with them that was free admission. Who can argue with free? Well, it was free admission but if you wanted to pet the animals, ride the animals or anything else, it cost money. It was still fun and the kids loved it. I didn't get any pictures of them painting their ceramics, but they both painted a cute little ceramic that I'm hoping I can throw in the garbage before it gets smashed into my carpet.

This older gentleman had made a "train" for the kids to ride in. The only problem with it being called a train is that he was towing them behind a semi truck (picture below shows it) instead of an engine. It was adorable, and the kids loved it.


They had a petting zoo. It consisted of a tiny enclosed area with a newborn calf, some chickens, a couple of tiny goats and a couple of rabbits. Drew was more into touching things and getting up close and personal. Alexis is a little more cautious, however she loved the rabbit, too bad it didn't like the kids as much.


Alexis loved riding the pony and wanted to do it again. Too bad John and I aren't really into taking care of animals that big, she'd love to own one.

Whenever we want to get a picture of Drew looking at the camera I ask him "where's mommy's nose?" and he dutifully points. So, that is why he is pointing in this picture and a lot of other pictures that we haven't posted.

Drew LOVED the bees. They had them in this glass enclosure so you could see what they were doing, and Drew loved to point at them and say "bees, bzzzz". The lady thought it was cute that they were getting right up there next to them and enjoying, they weren't afraid at all.

Alexis was intrigued with the bees as well, but she had a healthier dose of apprehension than Drew did.

Drew decided that after his birthday he was done with pull-ups, he wanted to be a big boy and wear underwear. He's only had a few accidents this week, which is great and one night he woke up to go pee and then he peed when he woke up for the morning, so he had dry pants for one night!! Today he had another episode of screaming, which makes me think he had blood in his urine again, but I wasn't about to run to a hospital to find out that I was right and then have nothing done about it. Tuesday we go to the Cardiologist and then on Thursday he gets his last immunizations until Kindergarten. Hopefully somebody will give us something so that he doesn't have to keep suffering.
Madison is trying valiantly to roll-over. I'm so excited for her, but don't actually want her to do it yet because I know my life will completely end when she becomes mobile!
Alexis is loving preschool and missing Grandma Hakes, who moved to South Dakota last week. I don't know that she fully understands how far away it is even though we looked it up on map quest. Alexis has also gotten a serious attitude problem the last couple of weeks. She wants to be the boss and tell everyone what they should and shouldn't be doing and if they don't she gets mad and bops them one. Honestly, I don't know where she gets the hitting part, the attitude I'm sure we can all safely assume comes from her mom, oops! We still love her though, and she can be a big helper and sweetheart, especially if there is something in it for her.

0 comments: