CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mr. Sandman forgot our house

What do you do at 2:03 am? I bet you're snuggled up in your nice warm bed dreaming of the sugar plum fairy or something equally as nice. For some reason, tonight is the night of childhood problems. First, Alexis woke up and was having a hard time going back to sleep, or so I thought. The third time I went in, I realized she was sleep talking. After a few minutes I was able to get that she was very upset that Drew had ripped her last piece of bread. Don't bother asking, it doesn't make sense to me either. Anyway, she was holding it in her little hands, nothing was there, with tears running down her face because it was the last piece and he'd ripped it. I thought maybe I could figure out where this was coming from so I asked her if there was any more, she jumped out of bed and went out her door and started crying even harder because it was all gone. I promised we'd make more bread tomorrow, which is now today, that seemed to make her happy and after she said a prayer, she remembered to say that she loves barbies and princesses, she finally went to sleep for the night.
I remember thinking, ahhh a nice warm bed just for me. Sadly, it still is not to be. Madison woke up and I figured since I was awake I'd go ahead and feed her so that I could sleep without interruption for a longer stretch. Honestly, I should know better by now. I fed, she fell asleep and then pooped. I can't leave my baby in a dirty diaper so I changed her x5, she's slightly backed-up. Two hours later and countless small feedings and Madison and I were still very awake. John woke up came and took her and promptly rocked her to sleep. Heavenly you think? Ha Ha Ha. He can get her to sleep, but can't put her in bed without her waking up. So, he gives her back to me. With her amazing sense of smell she decides that she can't sleep in my arms without eating, again, there's nothing left. Luckily she's tuckered out and she only whines for a moment when I put her in bed. So now, my warm bed is calling and as much as I love my little girls and their cute little hands and cheeks, I'm going to find a happy place in my dreams and let John hear them next time!!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

This is hilarious! Oh the joys of being a mother. They'll be gone all too soon.