John took the kids to the basement so that I could go upstairs and study for the two finals and a test I have to take on Tuesday, what a sweet husband, I know. Anyway, while I was studying Alexis came in and asked if she looked cool. Of course she does! She then proceeded to get out her "homework" so that she could be with me. Her homework consists of getting paper and anything to write with and then writing the letters of her name. She does pretty well for a three year old, but I have yet to convince her that putting them in order is the best idea. She likes to write Axlise or some variation on the last three letters.
Friday evening John was coming home from work and we were talking on the phone. Anyone with children knows that as soon as you pick up a phone, the noise begins.
Be it crying, needing help, wanting you for something that very second, or some variation, it ALWAYS happens the moment you get on the phone. And if you think you're in the clear and you've covered your bases before hand, think again!!
Back to the story, while we were talking I put Madison on my legs like an airplane to keep her content while I was talking. Alexis decided that since I couldn't go anywhere, it was the perfect time to do my hair. Read: pull, yank, tear and overall hurt my poor head.
Drew decided that climbing under the airplane and elbowing parts of the body that don't appreciate hard bony things being shoved into them would be a fabulous idea.
Not to be outdone, Madison decided to drool all over me because I couldn't do anything about it.
So, my head was in pain, my torso was being pulverized
and I was getting spit on.
It really was great! I know it sounds weird, but I get to be at home with my kids and let them do all this to me and I can do it. I don't have some big problem where I can't get down and play with my kids. I was laughing uncontrollably because I was in such pain and yet it was so funny.
Never thought I'd say I was enjoying that did you?
Be it crying, needing help, wanting you for something that very second, or some variation, it ALWAYS happens the moment you get on the phone. And if you think you're in the clear and you've covered your bases before hand, think again!!
Back to the story, while we were talking I put Madison on my legs like an airplane to keep her content while I was talking. Alexis decided that since I couldn't go anywhere, it was the perfect time to do my hair. Read: pull, yank, tear and overall hurt my poor head.
Drew decided that climbing under the airplane and elbowing parts of the body that don't appreciate hard bony things being shoved into them would be a fabulous idea.
Not to be outdone, Madison decided to drool all over me because I couldn't do anything about it.
So, my head was in pain, my torso was being pulverized
and I was getting spit on.
It really was great! I know it sounds weird, but I get to be at home with my kids and let them do all this to me and I can do it. I don't have some big problem where I can't get down and play with my kids. I was laughing uncontrollably because I was in such pain and yet it was so funny.
Never thought I'd say I was enjoying that did you?
Today was Jacob's baby blessing, he's Matt and Angie's newest addition. It was a very nice blessing. The part that will stick out the most to me was that when it was time to bless him, he was not there to be blessed. Angie came flying in a couple minutes afterwards and he was blessed after sacrament. I've never been at a baby blessing where the baby isn't there on time, I loved it! That is just what happens during life when you have a baby, and since she seems like the perfect mom, it made me feel good to know that she's a normal person too!
Yesterday Drew said his first prayer all by himself.
He started it correctly, said that he was thankful for his parents, there might have been something after that, and then he closed it correctly!! We were so proud and he was so excited to have said a prayer all by himself.
After he said the prayer he realized he hadn't said that he loves princess and barbies, that's Alexis' line every single prayer, sometimes the only line. So, he hurried and said it and then reclosed the prayer. What an observant little boy!
He started it correctly, said that he was thankful for his parents, there might have been something after that, and then he closed it correctly!! We were so proud and he was so excited to have said a prayer all by himself.
After he said the prayer he realized he hadn't said that he loves princess and barbies, that's Alexis' line every single prayer, sometimes the only line. So, he hurried and said it and then reclosed the prayer. What an observant little boy!
The following picture is grotesque and graphic and may not be for sensitive stomachs. I wanted my shelving unit hung last night but it didn't happen. So, I got John to do it today. Because I had him working on a Sunday it couldn't go smoothly, there was a price to pay. John slipped while using the drill and put it through his fingernail, ouch! It is still bleeding pretty well and the throbbing really hasn't stopped yet. Poor guy. On the up side, my shelving unit looks fabulous!
0 comments:
Post a Comment