CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pain

Madison showed me her hand while whining and this is what I found.
She hadn't been outside for a good 16 hours, so I'm not sure how long it had been there.
She was such a good trooper while I took it out, she didn't whine and she didn't try to pull away, I thought for sure it would be a fight.
Alexis went and had her shot for Kindergarten. She didn't like it, at all.

(This was Sunday morning before it got really bad.)
The next day she kept complaining that there was a bump and it hurt. I kept telling her that that is normal for a shot and that it would get better. That night when she was getting in the shower, her shoulder was red, swollen and hot. I called Dr. Eric and he said not to stress, Benedryl and fever reducing meds should take care of it. On Monday it was even bigger and it had little bumps through it with a small region that had developed underneath it. Wednesday it looked about 50% better and the heat was dissipating. We figured we were on the mend. Friday, it started swelling and getting hot again, so off to the doctors we went. He thinks that it is an allergic reaction to neomyocin. She was given Zyrtec and we were told to watch it. We're so glad that it was just simply that and not something else!

Madison decided to throw her book at my foot. Needless to say, it hurt like a beast.

A few days later, I stubbed my toe on our chaise lounge and it lifted my toenail half way down. This too hurt like a beast.

This is not the best picture, but there is a bruise right in my scarring. How do you get a bruise right there you ask? You trip on a box in the kitchen and land on your knees and one arm. The other arm was holding my cell phone and we wouldn't want to hurt the phone right:? My mom was on the other end of the phone and she said: "Well, I know it didn't hurt too badly because you're laughing." Little did she know that when I'm in pain, I laugh, I'm not sure why, but the more painful it is the harder I laugh.

So there is our week of pain. I'll put up the fun parts of this last week next.

0 comments: