CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Soccer has begun

Does she look like she's having fun to you?


Logan doesn't have a big enough indoor soccer program for 5-6 year olds, because they were booked solid before we could ever even think about trying to sign up.
I found a South Cache Valley soccer team that let us sign up, even though we were nearly two months late!
I got called on Thursday to tell me that they could put her on a team. The catch? She had a game that afternoon. Not bad right? Then they told me that she had to have a specific uniform, which involved driving to North Logan and visiting FOUR different stores to find all of the outfit components.
This wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to make four cakes, the fondant flowers, go to class, finish packing for our Utah county trip, clean up the house and get Drew to his soccer game, all after lunch. The next morning I had to wake up at 5:30 so we could get to Utah County on time. Let's just say both John and I were completely exhausted. Alexis however is so excited to be playing soccer and to have the chance to make friends.
John said she did really well in her game and that she has a great kicking leg, which we already knew, but she can out kick a number of the guys on her team. One of the other players dad's came up and complimented her on her great kicking! She's such a proud little girl!
Good thing we have a good daddy who helps out a lot!

Drew at his soccer game. This last picture shows him getting to kick the ball into play. There was another little boy who was so excited for him, that he kicked the ball right before Drew did. Oops.


That night after we'd gotten all the kids to sleep, I went to check on them and this is how I found Madison.
She really doesn't like to wear clothing. I left her like this until I was sure she wouldn't wake up while I redressed her. I wish I could get into her mind to see what she is thinking when she does stuff like this.

0 comments: