This is how Drew eats spaghetti.
There is no need for silverware, although we give it to him, he prefers to pick it up and then tilt his head back and chow down. He wanted to know why I was taking a picture of it, as it is not an uncommon occurrence in our house. I explained that when he gets older he would not believe me if I told him this is how he ate, so I wanted proof.
While we're on the topic of Drew, he's inherited a number of his mothers side of the family traits.
For example, he can't stand the toe line in his socks to be at a funny angle, they have to be right over his toes. (I can't stand to wear socks because of said line.) He also can't stand the tags in his shirts (if they aren't the soft kind), they bug him until I cut them out. (Another mother inherited trait, it must genetic because I swear I didn't teach him these things.)
He counts stairs as he goes up and down them. (John mocks me for this, but I can't go up or down stairs without counting them. I do not have to start over if I mess up however.)
He is a dawdler. Honestly. I give him a good five minutes more than the girls to find his shoes and bring them to me, he doesn't even have to put them on, and he's still the last one to get his shoes/jacket/animal/whatever it is that's supposed to be done. (Uncle Max is this way, it drove me crazy waiting on him and now I'm the mommy of one!)
I remember being little and having to step over the cracks in the cement or lines of wherever we were, but it never interrupted daily life. Drew took it to a whole new level at his soccer game the other day. He was doing fine, running around and trying to get his foot somewhere near the soccer ball when he discovered the lines on the gymnasium floor. For the rest of the game, he would not step on any colored line. He would run up to a line and then stop and gingerly step over it. If somehow he missed stopping in time he would backup and then step over it. I was laughing so hard, the poor mom next to me probably thought I was a fruit cake for not stopping him. Don't worry though, as soon as the game was over and treats were available he ran right over all the lines, so it's only an OCD that he chooses to exhibit when it fits into his schedule!
We sure love him and all his cute little quirks.
Lets talk scheduling for a moment.
John thinks that maybe I over-schedule us. I don't know where he would get such an idea!
From this Saturday to the following Saturday we have: soccer treats, soccer pictures, 5 soccer games, 1 soccer practice, a 10K race, a baby blessing, John teaches 14 year old Sunday school, story time, 3 finals and a bbq with some neighbors.
The following week doesn't look any better: Mothers Day, Birthday, Aunt Steph coming to visit for a day, a Dr.'s appt. in Utah County, story time, 2 soccer games, and 1 soccer practice. (The next week summer semester starts and I have to get my books too!)
These obviously don't include, laundry, cooking, dishes, bill paying, and all of the other fun stuff that comes with having a house and kids!
The problem is that I REALLY want to go to Las Vegas before I have this little bundle of joy. However, I'm having a hard time finding any time to go.
If you look at the calendar you'll see that we are booked until the 20th of June, which happens to be Madison's birthday and Father's Day. And, I don't like going anywhere the last month of pregnancy because I usually have so much labor that it's not worth risking.
So, I may not get my Vegas trip this year, slightly depressing, but I'm still trying to work it in, call me crazy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment