CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cornbelly's






After the wedding we went to University Mall to do some shopping that we can't do in this lovely valley of no good shopping! Madison and Jocelyn both fell asleep on the way over so I sat in the car with them while John ran with the other two. After they had finished their shopping, Cheryl and Steph met us for lunch at Panda Express. The kids loved seeing them and their cousins. After that we ran to Cornbelly's to meet up with the family for some fun. 
First thing we did was take the kids to a big slide complex to play. John came back down from playing and there was no Drew, anywhere. Josh said that my face had the look of "get the divorce papers now". John and I divided and still couldn't find Drew. We branched out to other areas that he might have gone to and still couldn't find him. I'd just finished telling a lady what Drew was wearing so they could announce it for us when I heard the announcement. The only problem was that they were saying they already had him and could we please come get him. When we got up there I told the lady that we were the negligent parents and could we please have our kid back? Drew had kept a stiff upper lip until John had him in his arms and then he burst into tears, which almost made me burst into tears. So we racked up another point for parents of the year award that night! (We probably racked up a few points as we lost track of the kids a couple of times, but not to the degree that we'd lost Drew!)


The lovely girl who was kind enough to let all our guys give milking a try. I wish I would've got the front of the feeder box in a picture, it said: "Got Milk?" I think it was borderline inappropriate.



Josh said I should put that my husband's cousin's Jewish husband was milking a cow.

Jill found some great bathrooms and in doing so found a nice cow to milk! The guys all had a great time trying it out! It's every guys dream right?

The kids wanted to ride the ponies, but because it cost a small fortune to do so Uncle Dave was kind enough to give Alexis her very own horsey ride as we left that area.


Do you like those eyes? Yes all five children look demonic. It is Halloween though so what else do you expect?



We went through the corn maze which was in the boy scouts logo and I learned that I dislike corn mazes immensely. We took the easy path that was supposed to have five clues. We figured the kids would have fun with an easy maze. Well we found clues one and two and then we found clue seven, huh? We ran into a guy who was stationed to help people should something happen, so we asked him how to get out. He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I told him that we had six small children who were so very done with the maze and if he didn't help us I was going to make my own path right out of there. He did give us some help but using the word help is being very generous. The guys figured out where we were on the map and after cutting through some areas that weren't so much plowed paths, we made it out. We came out of an area that isn't exactly the exit and the people around us were looking at us a little funny, but I don't care, we got out alive! Thankfully it wasn't a haunted maze!
The kids were excited that the corn they picked in the maze could maybe be popped when we got home in our popcorn popper! Thankfully the popcorn "accidentally" got thrown away and we didn't have to find out that that wasn't going to work like the kids thought it would!

Carrie, without husband still, and Matt & Angie made it about dark so we were able to play for a little while with them as well.
Drew saw the face painting tent and we went over. It cost money to get your face painted but they told Drew they'd do his for free! He had a spiderman eye put on and he thought he was so cool! If you look closely Drew's spiderman eye is possessed.

See how that door closes? What happens when the person behind it wants to close it and the person in front of it doesn't want it to close? How about a smashed finger? Madison was in so much pain she was shaking for the next half an hour.


0 comments: