CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, July 26, 2010

Jocelyn Kate


Jocelyn Kate Wadley
July 24th!!
5 lbs 15 oz, 29 in.

Look at the proud daddy!!


Friday night I was contracting and dilating so we went to the hospital. Guess what . . . all the dilation stopped when we got there. Yep, again. I was still contracting every five minutes but according to the nurse it was doing nothing.
Eric was kind enough to tell them to keep me and he was coming to break my water. HOORAY!
When they went to put in my IV we had a lot of fun. She got my vein, after nearly digging my vein out of the skin and then it blew. That doesn't feel so good. She moved to the next arm and started again. Again the same thing but when she said it looked like it might blow too I told her to take it out before it did. She went and got another nurse and this time after some intense pain she was able to float it in and get it to stay. (My arm is still swollen and bruised from their pokings.)
At about midnight he came and broke my water.
My contractions didn't start hurting like they had in the past after my water was broken and they were slowly picking up pace without picking up intensity.
At about one I had the anesthesiologist come and give me the epidural even though they weren't too bad so that I wouldn't have to feel the bad ones.
At 1:10 they checked and found that I was at a 7.
At 1:20 I had the anesthesiologist come back and push another entire dose in because the right side wasn't numb at all and the contractions were hard and about every minute. They never really got to the point where they were leveling out and staying there so I figured we had a while to go.
At about 1:30 they checked me again and I was complete and she was already coming down. They broke the bed down and got everything ready for her to come and then her heart rate started dropping and Eric told me I had to get her out or he'd get her himself. I think I actually pushed through three contractions - I wasn't pushing with the first contraction because I didn't see a purpose in pushing if my body would do it on it's own. When they told me about her heart rate though I actually had to start pushing. She popped out at 1:44 a.m. and was a bluish. She did really well at pinking up and hasn't had any problems since.
When I'm more alert and less dead I'll post about her first day and put some more pictures up.

The first meeting with her big brother and sisters.

Drew loves his little boo-boo. He is happy to see her and hold her or to go and play, which ever happens to suit him at that time.

Madison loves "my baby". She always asks to hold "my baby" and gets very frustrated when you take her back. 


Alexis also loves holding Jocelyn. If she could hold her all day she would. When Jocelyn started crying, while Alexis was holding her, because she was hungry, Alexis told me she didn't mind if the baby cried because she knew that babies cried so I didn't need to take her, she'd be fine. Too bad Alexis can't feed her, it would save me a lot of pain currently!

1 comments:

JnJMills said...

Congrats Johnny and the crew