CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 18, 2010

More labor - no baby


Madison snuck into Grandma's lipstick. Thankfully she only got it on her face and not on any bedding or clothing. (She wouldn't hold still for the picture so they're both blurry.)

Alexis was so excited for bug club. She waited and waited and waited all summer long for it. She found a big spider and picked it up with her tweezers and put it in a specimen jar. She had so much fun and can't wait until next year to do it again.

I nearly forgot about bug club, the world would have ended as we know it for poor Alexis had I actually forgotten. On Saturday the 10th I was contracting and dilating so we went down to SF. By the time we got there, I was still contracting but I had quit dilating so they sent me home. We stuck around until Sunday night just in case it started up again but it didn't. I'd considered staying down there just in case but decided against it, lucky for Alexis! Monday and Tuesday I spent the days contracting and sitting on the couch doing basically nothing. Thankfully my Mom is staying with us and so the dishes and such were still being done! Wednesday and Thursday I didn't have contractions like I usually do, so I decided to get as much done as possible!

First  the kids helped me slice peaches and nectarines to put in the deep freeze for later this winter. (They were on sale for 60 cents a pound! 

We took a break after lunch to watch Matlock and have the kids give Mom and me a "spa treatment". We ended up missing half of the show trying to get the kids to not do certain things and to do other things a certain way. The kids loved giving us our treatments and they did such a good job.

After our treatments, the kids licked the bowls clean after we made freezer jam with the peaches.
While they were licking the bowl, Mom and I made some wheat bread, cinnamon rolls and a sour dough bread starter.


Daddy was so excited that he didn't have to come home and help with the peaches and nectarines that he took the kids to the park to play so Mom and I could rest and do homework for an hour! What a great daddy.

This is Sam, our landlord. Madison LOVES Sam. She'll run in the house every time he's outside and pull me to the door to show me that Sam is outside. While he was out working in the garden she went and followed him like a little puppy. At one point she was further back than her norm and Sam turned around to see if she was coming before he kept going. They're a great team - or so Madison thinks.



This is Madison saying "cheese" for the camera. If you look at her face closely you'll see little white spots everywhere. Grandma JoAnn and Grandpa Bob offered to watch the kids for us while we went to see The Music Man production. (John's cousin Alyson was in the play as were a number of people from our old ward in Spanish Fork.) When we got back home Grandma JoAnn was telling us that Madison had found her white out not once, but twice. The first time it came off with more ease than the second time. (In fact she still has it stuck to her face as I write this!) She assured me that she was watching her but she turned her back for a just a second and Madison was at it again. I felt bad for her, but it made me laugh. This girl does things like this to me ALL the time. She needs only 30 seconds to make a BIG mess, not a little mess that's easy to clean. Then, while you're cleaning up the big mess she's off finding a new mess to make. For example - I put a Baby Einstein on for her while I finishing up some kitchen work. She loves Baby Einstein and Signing Time videos, they will keep her entertained for the entire half hour! When I realized that she wasn't making her usual comments about her show I went in to investigate. She had taken my green highlighter and colored my couch. While I was cleaning that mess up I realized that she'd also found Grandma Tobi's gum and had chewed each piece probably four or five times before spitting it out in random places throughout the living room. I honestly found at least 15 pieces of gum she had done that to and when Grandma Tobi followed up behind me she found another three or so. While we were picking up the messes she had left us she was sneaking into our fruit that we'd been working on. One day she's going to have kids of her own - enough said.

Here's Drew doing his cheese, but instead he was saying candy or something silly like that.


Eating cake on the steps.

On Saturday we went to my Aunt Pam's for a birthday party for someone she knew - we didn't - it was a little awkward, but they were very nice and accommodating and we ended up having a lot of fun. We all had fun swimming and we didn't get burned!

Friday morning at about 1 am I was contracting every three minutes or so and starting to dilate slowly and effacing. So . . . we hurried and loaded everyone in the car and headed down to SF. I would not have done that if I was dilating at a quicker rate than I was. We made it in fabulous time, there were no cars on the freeway. When we got there I was certainly contracting but I was no longer dilating. Not joking. They sent me home again. When they sent me home I was at a 4 and 80% effaced. I have since regressed back to a 3 because my body loves me! That night I got a grand total of an hour and a half of sleep. Mom had slightly more and John slightly more than Mom. We stayed until about lunch time on Sunday before we headed home as I was contracting again, but they weren't doing anything - again.

The kids all played dress-up. They had so much fun running around together and pretending to be different people.



In our haste to get moving at the crack of dawn, all the adults somehow forgot to pack shirts. I'm not joking. At WalMart they had these flag shirts on sale for $2. Who can pass up a shirt for only $2 when you don't have any more to wear? They both bought a gray and a blue shirt. They didn't mean to wear them at the same time, but who can pass up a picture when that happens? Drew was excited to get Grandma to wear the Santa hat - he thinks it's so funny!

0 comments: